A new release of Reveal (v21) is available to all users with a current license, and as a 14-day trial.
This release includes a number of important fixes:
- When selecting an issue in the outline view, the inspectors will now correctly switch to the “View” scope before opening the layout inspectors
- When dealing with deep view hierarchies, sometimes the disclosure arrows in the outline view were not drawn. This has been fixed.
- Users who are outside their annual support period can now check for updates, and they will be shown the most recent version they can run according to their license.
- Both Xcode 10.1 and the 10.2 beta has each changed the output of
simctlagain, so Reveal was creating a new simulator instance every time you launched our sample app. This has been fixed.
- Reveal Server now includes a preview arm64e slice.
- Memory address searching in the outline view has been improved - leading zeroes in a 64-bit hex number will be stripped. For example,
0x00007f9f90635110should find the view with address
0x7f9f90635110(as it is displayed in Reveal).
- Errors are properly displayed as errors in the outline view - they were showing as warnings in earlier versions.
- Tooltip descriptions have been restored to all issues listed in the outline view
- Collapsed outline view items that have children containing warnings or errors will now themselves show a warning or error (but only when they are collapsed).
- Fixed issues editing numeric atributes with a stepper control.
- Fixed the saturation of the default snapshot icon.
- Scrolling performance in the outline view has been improved - sorry it got so slow in the last release!
And most importantly: the cheer has returned when you enter your license! 🎉
Minimum System Requirements
- macOS 10.13.4
- iOS 8
- tvOS 9
- Xcode 8
Please report any problems you experience or give us feedback from within Reveal (see “Help → Submit Feedback”), or via our support site.